The next occupier of the estate was William Baldwin, who formerly farmed at Thorpe Morieux, and was resident up until about 1813 when he purchased from Caroline Acton of Bramford Park, the estate of Cockfield Manor in Babergh Hundred, which the Acton’s had inherited from Harvey Aspin in 1791. William Baldwin disposed of his Whitton estate moving to Cockfield Manor where he died in 1832 and buried at Thorpe Morieux, when his son William, jun. inherited.
Sometime between 1804 and 1813 the field ‘G’ Doal House Meadow of just over 7 acres was sold to the Turnpike Trustees for the erection of gates and toll house [q.v.] on the corner of Henley Road and Lower Road.